If you still have some bamboo shoot packages in your cabinet, this is a great recipe to take advantage of them for cooking.
Dried bamboo shoot: 100 gram
Combo fresh vegetables: water spinach, fish mint, lettuce
Spices: Garlic, chili powder, fish sauce, salt, pepper, dried onions, green onion, Fresh Ginger or dried ginger
Dried bamboo shoot preparation:
- Soaking the dried bamboo shoot overnight before cooking about 6 to 8 hours.
- Boiling the bamboo shoot again and then cutting finely
Duck meat preparation:
- Cutting duck meat into chunks and finely
- Marinating meat with 1 tablespoon (tbsp) salt, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp fish sauce, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 tbsp chopped dried onion and garlic, keep for 1 hour.
After you have prepared the food for cooking you might need to:
- Frying dried onion and garlic in a pan then add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and stirring gently
- Adding marinated duck meat and bamboo shoot then stirring gently
- Filling the bamboo shoot and marinated duck meat with water then simmer gently
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt and pepper
- If you like spicy, add a little dried chili powder or 1 fresh chili.